Staking - Solana (SOL)
- On-chain staking utilizes the Proof-of-Stake protocol of applicable blockchain to generate rewards through a process typically called “staking”.
- Benefits of staking on MAX versus staking on other platforms:
1. ✓ Payouts once a week*
2. ✓ Generate predictable yield with crypto
3. ✓ Stake your crypto with a few taps from your MAX app
4. ✓ Unstake anytime**
- Solana aims to break the Blockchain Trilemma (upholding decentralization, scalability, and security simultaneously), to provide accessible financial services across borders.
- Solana adopts Proof of History as the consensus mechanism, modified based on the time sequence and verification logic in the conventional PoS protocol. The current TPS (transactions per second) on Solana is around 2,500.
- Roughly $17.1 billion are staked on Solana or 76.22% in terms of staking ratio and ranked the 2nd based on staking market cap.
- Audited by Kudelski Security.
- Generated from PoS activities.
- The expected annualized return is specified on the staking page in MAX App.
- Yield is paid once a week on Mondays.
- Assets are subject to losses if the private key of the validator is compromised.
- Rewards could be less than expected if the blockchain protocol contains design defects.
We collect 10% of the yield generated for our users. Users are eligible for a zero staking fee if opting to be paid in MAX Token.
Learn more about on-chain staking
- *Staking processing time: 2 business days. Once completed, the stake will begin to accrue yield.
- **Unstaking processing time: 3 business days. Only the stakes with “staked” status are eligible for unstaking.